Vacant Home Insurance

Just because a home is unoccupied, doesn’t mean you don’t need to insure it. If a home that you own is not currently occupied, it may not be covered by your homeowners or landlord insurance policy. In this case, it’s important to protect your property with a vacant home insurance policy.

You may need vacant property insurance if:

  • your property is going to be vacant for an extended period of time, such as between tenants or during the selling process.
  • you’ve recently inherited property from a deceased relative or through other means.
  • you’ve purchased a home that you’re not yet ready to move into.

What does vacant home insurance cover?

Your vacant home insurance policy may cover:

  • Vandalism and trespassing
  • Injury on the property
  • Damages caused by frozen or broken pipes, plumbing, electrical, heating, etc.
  • Damage from fire, explosion, lightning, storms, or other disasters

Contact State Wide CT today to learn what kind of coverage you may need for your vacant home. Our agents will help you find the best policy to meet your needs.