Condo Insurance

Do I need condo insurance?

If you own or rent a condominium in Connecticut, you’ll likely be required to purchase an insurance plan for it. This is not as comprehensive as homeowners insurance because the owner of the condo community already has a master policy which provides some coverage. However, special condominium coverage protects important areas beyond the master policy.

What does it cover?

Condominium insurance typically covers:

  • Any structural elements not already covered by the master policy
  • Your belongings and assets in the event of damage or theft
  • Liability, which protects you in the event that someone else is injured on your property, or you injure someone else’s property

Although not as comprehensive as homeowners insurance, a condo insurance policy protects you, your family, and your property. Contact the independent insurance agents at State Wide today to start building the best policy for you!