RV & Off-Road Insurance
Lovers of the outdoors, camping, and adventures in the woods may want to take their vehicles off the beaten path. Connecticut’s a great place to do so, with plenty of camping grounds and widespread off-roading communities full of like-minded people.
Don’t get hung up on the details! Let the experts at State Wide Insurance help you customize a policy so you’re covered to get going.
RV Insurance in Connecticut
Recreational vehicles (RVs) are unique in that they can double as a home while on the road. Because of this, they require a more comprehensive insurance plan than a regular automobile. And like homes, they come in all shapes and sizes, which has an impact on the cost of your coverage.
The basic RV classes are:
- Class A: A larger, higher-end RV similar to buses with amenities like a bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms, and climate control.
- Class B: The smallest and most affordable class of RV, usually the size of a large van.
- Class C: A medium sized RV, similar to Class A but smaller, often with a separate truck cab and bunk.
Towable trailers that do not have a motor are not included in RV insurance, and would need their own trailer insurance plan. At State Wide, we can make sure everything you have is protected.
What is covered under RV insurance?
Virtually all coverages packages include the following:
- Liability Coverage, in case anyone is injured (or their property damaged) in or by your RV.
- Contents Coverage, which protects the contents of your RV similar to homeowners insurance.
However, insurance plans come with a variety of options. Some of these include:
- Collision Coverage
- Underinsured Motorist Coverage
- Campsite Liability Coverage
- Full-Timer Liability Coverage
- Roadside Assistance
RVs are expensive, large, unique vehicles, and you don’t want to be caught unprepared whether you’re on the road or camped out. At State Wide Insurance, our agents can work with you to build the perfect coverage package to match your travel plans.
Other Off-Road Vehicle Insurance
If you own an off-road vehicle, you’re not afraid of adventure — nevertheless, it pays to be careful. Let us take some of the guesswork out of off-road insurance coverage so you can get out there and have fun.
There are a variety of vehicles you can own and ride off-road, including:
- dirt bikes
- 4 wheel drive off-road cars
Often, you can bundle your off-road insurance policy with your auto or motorcycle policy to save money. Our agents know the ins and outs of required (and non-required but valuable) coverage for all uses and every type of vehicle. Be sure to get in touch with State Wide Insurance today to find out how you can make your coverage package work better for you!