Restaurant Insurance

Whether you own a bar, cafe, or fine dining establishment, getting the right insurance for your restaurant is essential to having a successful eatery. There are many risks to running a restaurant, and while some aspects overlap with a standard business owner policy, there are many concerns unique to dining establishments.

What types of restaurants are covered?

The agents at State Wide can help you find a plan to cover any type of restaurant. These include:

  • Fine dining
  • Bars
  • Cafes
  • Fast food
  • Delis
  • Bakeries
  • Breweries or distilleries
  • Franchises
  • Restaurants with food trucks

What does restaurant insurance offer?

General liability insurance is a major part of all restaurant insurance policies. This protects you against claims in the event of personal or bodily injury and property damage. For example, if someone were to slip on a wet floor in your restaurant and injure themselves, general liability would cover you.

Coverage unique to restaurants includes:

  • Workers compensation, which covers you and protects your employees’ well-being if they suffer illness or injury on the job.
  • Product liability, which protects you in the event your food products make someone ill.
  • Food spoilage/inventory, which protects you against inventory loss. For example, if there is a power outage and your restaurant loses all refrigerated and frozen foods, that loss would be covered.
  • Liquor liability, which is crucial for any restaurant that serves alcoholic beverages. This protects you against injury or property damage resulting from a patron your restaurant served alcohol to. For example, if an intoxicated person drives home after leaving your establishment and causes an accident, you would not be held responsible.
  • Commercial auto may or may not be a factor in your restaurant coverage. If you use a vehicle for business operations, such as a delivery car or food truck, you’ll want to purchase commercial auto insurance.