Commercial Auto Insurance

If you use any kind of vehicles for your business or contractor service, you’ll need a commercial auto insurance policy separate from your other policies. This protects your business and employees in the event of an injury or accident involving your company’s vehicles.

Some examples of businesses with vehicles that require coverage are:

  • HVAC professionals, electricians, and plumbers
  • Carpenters, painters, and other contractors
  • Landscapers and snow plow services
  • Caterers and food vendors

What types of vehicles are covered?

Commercial auto insurance covers most types of vehicles, though you’ll need a separate policy for semi-trucks are tractor trailers. Among the types of vehicles covered are:

  • Cars
  • Vans
  • Box trucks
  • Pickup trucks
  • Service utility trucks
  • Food trucks

This policy does not cover vehicles if you work for a rideshare service like Uber or Lyft. It also doesn’t cover you if you work for third-party delivery services such as Grubhub or Doordash.

The independent insurance agents at State Wide can help you find comprehensive coverage for your business or contractor business with the addition of commercial auto insurance. Contact us or request a quote today!