Make a Claim
Make a Claim, Payment, or Roadside Assistance Request
With State Wide Insurance, filing a claim is simple and efficient. We want to make sure your entire claims process runs as smoothly as possible. Find out here what to do if you’re in an accident, need to make a claim, or need to contact your insurance company directly.
What do I do if I’m in an accident?
- Remain at the scene. Do not admit fault for the accident.
- Call the police to report the accident.
- Exchange information with the other drivers.
- Report your claim to your insurance company. Call us at 203-440-9550 during our normal business hours. We will help guide you through the process. Or, find your company’s claims contact information below.
- Gather documentation, pictures, or other relevant information that will help you process your claim.
- Do not discuss the details of the accident with anyone besides the police and your claims representative.
What do I need to make a claim?
- Name of the police department responding.
- Case number.
- Other driver’s information such as name, address, phone number, license plate number, insurance company, and policy number.
- Passenger information such as names and phone numbers.
- Witness information such as names and phone numbers.
- Where the vehicle was towed, if applicable.